Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Amigurumi animals


By Annie Obaachan, published in 2008
Available on Amazon

There are 15 patterns in this book, presented both in writing and charts. Crochet terms are American. There is also a course of amigurumi-making, about shaping the parts and putting them together, which is very helpful if you are a beginner at designing your own amigurumis.

My favorite pattern is the sleepy cat:


I actually have two copies of this book, one in English and one in German. I bought the German version by mistake, because I seriously thought it was a different book. I was in a hurry and didn't look at the author's name.


The figures on the German cover are not even designed or crocheted by the author, but by another artist who is actually featured in the back of the book. I wonder if that is even legal. Not to be cruel or anything, but I think the quality of the "borrowed" amis are better than the ones in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment