Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amigurumi! Super Happy Crochet Cute


By Elisabeth Doherty, published in 2007
Available on Amazon

Crochet terms are American. In the beginning of the book there is a section with tips about yarn, hooks and stuffing, and everything you need to know about making amigurumi. The book has patterns for everything from food items such as cookies and hamburgers, to cute animals and the humanoid creatures shown on the front cover. 

For some reason I waited for a long time before I bought this book, because I thought it was all humanoids and dolls and stuff. When I finally got it, though, I found the humanoids the most fun to make. They are quite large and take a lot of time to make, but they are worth it. They are also easily adapted to other creatures with different clothes.

My favorite patterns are the humanoids and this very dead fish:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment